Boost Your Confidence To Build Self Confidence
Boosting your confidence can help you to overcome problems that you have with shyness, and below you will find some great practical things that you can do to boost your confidence with the goal of overcoming your shyness:
- Write down all of the successes of every day. Success can be something as small as making a tasty meal, or could be as large as closing a lucrative deal. Anything that you do successfully should be written down in a book, and you can read back over your weeks successes to help you build your confidence in your abilities.
- Force yourself to do things that will get you out of your comfort zone, things that will make you comfortable with being uncomfortable. Many people that suffer from shyness also suffer from the tendency to stay in their comfort zone, and you need to step out of that zone and push yourself to the limits of your comfort. Force yourself to go to parties, clubs, bars, and other places where you will have to interact with people. Force yourself to talk to others, even if that is the last thing you feel like doing. You will find that pushing yourself will actually be very effective, and you will find that the borders of your comfort zone will be expanded as you step out to try new things.
- Facing your shyness problem head on is the only way to overcome it. If you are very shy, you will find that dealing with your shyness from the root of the problem will be the solution. Find out why you are shy, how your shyness affects your life, and change those things. Once you find out what makes you shy, visualize the changes you want to make in your life. Once you find how your shyness affects your life, force yourself to do the opposite of the things that you would normally do in a situation where shyness would take over.
- Make sure to relax. If you are very shy, you will find that your body becomes very tense and very stressed when you force it to do something uncomfortable. Relax, breathe deeply, and find a way to reduce the tension you feel when you are stepping out to try something new. A drink may work to help you relax, or fresh air can often fill your blood with oxygen and help you to relax.
- Prepare to deal with tough situations beforehand. If you are ready to face a challenge, it ends up being much less difficult than you originally thought. Prepare to go out with friends, attend a party, make an important presentation, or do anything else where shyness would try to hinder you. You will find that being prepared will help you to focus on your task, as you have already done all of the work before you ever left home or the office.
7 Ways to Build Self Confidence
Develop Healthy Self Esteem
First, if you want to build your self confidence, you need to develop a healthy self esteem. You need to know that you are worth something and then act on that knowledge. One of the best ways to build your self esteem is to list your accomplishments on a regular basis. Its easy to overlook all the things that you accomplish. Listing the things you accomplish can show you all the great things that you do on a regular basis. As you continue listing your accomplishments and reviewing those lists, youll begin to build better self esteem, which will result in better self confidence as well.
Its also important to have clear goals if you want to build your self confidence. Sit down and write down the goals that you have for your life. Start with big goals and then break them down into tasks that are small and manageable. When you reach the minor goals, pat yourself on the back and give yourself a reward. As you meet some of the smaller goals, youll build more confidence, which will help you to reach the larger goals in your life.
Consider Having a Mentor
Consider having a mentor in your life that can help you build confidence and reach your goals. Many people that have had successful lives have had a good mentor that has already gone down the same road to success. Look for a good mentor that can inspire you towards success.
Spend Time with Positive People
If you want to overcome shyness and develop better self confidence, make sure that you spend time with positive people. Negative people will only bring you down. However, spending time with other positive people will give you support, respect, and the confidence that you need to continue in a positive direction in life. Nothing is more damaging than being around negative and cynical people.
Take Care with Your Looks
Looks arent everything in life but taking care with your looks is important to your self confidence. Wear neat and clean clothing and make sure that you are always well groomed. Dress as if you are already successful in life and youll feel more successful and more self confident about yourself. The way you look really can help you become successful.
No one wants to fail but you dont want to fear failure if you want to improve your self confidence and overcome shyness. Many people begin to fear failure so much that they dont even try anymore. Failure should be viewed as another step towards success. When you fail, take it and keep going. Youll learn from your mistakes and youll be able to build up even more self confidence.
Focus on Various Interests
You should focus on a variety of different interests in life if you want to become more self confident. Dont be content with being interested in one of two things. Enjoy developing new hobbies or meeting new people. The more you learn and the more interests you enjoy, the better self confidence you will have.
Shyness And Social Anxiety System - Sean Cooper
Quantum Confidence With The Morry Method
Certified Selfconfidence Coach
Social Confidence System - Social Anxiety Solutions
Social Reprogramming Method - Eliminates Social Anxiety And Shyness
Dissolve Social Anxiety Program